The Medici family ruled the city of Florence in the region of Tuscany from 1433 until 1756. Every time a Tuscan village or town was conquered by the Florentine Army, a stone stamp marker with the Medici House symbol was put in evidence on the wall of the town or on the city hall building and the village become officially a ‘Borgo de Medici”. To honour this historic heritage, in 1999 Massimo Pugi and his family founded Borgo de’ Medici Delizie Toscane in Prato (Tuscany). Working with some of the best artisans, farmers and beekeepers of the region, he developed a complete line of authentic Tuscan fine food creating an ideal village (Borgo) of specialty foods.
The Gourmet Pantry donates from every sale of a Gourmet Hamper
directly to The Hunger Project.
We share their commitment to end world hunger by 2030.
To find out more about why we support THP, click here.
people reached globally
rural villages that we work in
locally trained volunteers leading
change in their communities