The history of Panettone Vergani is a family history. Growing from a small shop to a large company, they have preserved (and handed down) their values and traditions for four generations to uphold the excellence of the Vergani brand. Today they are the only (and last) Milanese to produce Panettone on an industrial scale in Milan.
It all began back in 1944, in a small pastry shop on Viale Monza, Milan. Angelo Vergani – an enterprising young man who loved baking as much as his home town – decided to start his own busi ness. Because of his use of natural ingredients and his constant pursuit of quality, “Mr. Vergani” soon became known and appreciated among his fellow citizens and specialised in the production of the real Milanese Panettone.
More than seventy years have passed, and more than 600,000 Panettone loafs are baked every year, but each of them is special because it is made according to an old tradition, with the same craftsmanship and following the original recipe handed down by great-grandfather Angelo. The true secret to the best Panettone? The ingredients, of course.