Traditional paella recipe
Ingredients (For 6 servings)
- ‘EL AVIÓN’ rice (75 gr/per person)
- Paella mix ‘EL AVIÓN’ (1 sachet for 4 people)
- Water /chicken stock(250 ml/per person)
- Extra virgin olive oil (20 ml/per person)
- Chicken cut into pieces (100 gr/per person)
- Fresh tomatoes peeled and grated (1/2 tomato/per person)
- Unpeeled garlic (1/2 per person)
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper cut into strips (1 pepper for 4 people)
1. Pour olive oil into the paella pan on a firm surface and heat it, hot but not smoking.
2. Fry the strips of pepper over a low flame until they are golden and tender. Take them out, to add later.
3. Fry the garlic and chicken on a medium low heat until it is well cooked and brown on both sides.
4. Add the grated tomato and fry it over low heat
5. Blend thoroughly...the stir-fry is now done. Add the ‘EL AVIÓN’ rice and mix well.
6. You have to boil everything over a hot fire for 20-30 minutes. It is very important that you taste how salty the water is.
7. Add warm water/chicken stock and turn the heat up high.
8. Spread the rice uniformly over the pan with a spoon.
9. Add 1 sachet of paella mix ‘EL AVIÓN’ and spread it. Taste and season.
10. Once boiling, there are 3 stages: boil at a high heat for 8 minutes / then reduce the heat to a minimum, add the strips of pepper, and simmer for a further 8 minutes / finally turn off the heat and let it the paella rest for a further 3 minutes, whilst covering the paella with a cloth. The paella is now ready.
Total cooking time 19 minutes.
- Use only high quality products. ‘EL AVIÓN’ rice, paella mix and extra virgin olive oil.
- Before commencing to cook, lay out all ingredients and tools that you will be using.
- Use chicken stock instead of water. The taste will be much better.
- Adhere strictly to cooking times.
- If some ingredients do not match your taste, simply don't use them. You can always use alternative meats, vegetables, fish or shellfish. Paella is a dish wich lends itself to a wide range of ingredients, dependent onv personal taste.
- The heat must be evenly distributed over the whole base of the pan.